Phoenix Capital is well known for innovative and customized transaction structures in the global capital markets. We are pioneers in the development of the securitization market, including asset-backed and mortgage-backed finance. We have built on this early experience to expand into government-backed finance as well as development and management of large infrastructure and capital projects.
This deep knowledge and expertise allows us to create outside-the-box solutions for our clients, while meeting market expectations. Our experience placed us in the forefront of building credit, risk management and risk measurement blueprints before the hedge fund crisis, as well as during the credit crisis in 2007 and 2008.
Our global reach extends beyond the United States to Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and South America. As a result, we have established a proven network of relationships across a wide array of industries and markets.
Analysis and Due Diligence
Our practice in securitization and structured finance requires us to develop the skills to quickly analyze companies and the assets they operate, from both a macro- and micro-economic perspective. We are qualified to conduct due diligence as it relates to the financial, operational, risk management and asset servicing abilities of our clients across many industries. Leveraging this experience and knowledge, we developed:
- A strong understanding of many industries, the competitive forces driving the market and their impact on the performance of many asset classes
- Expertise in advising management on their business and growth strategy, the ability to service assets/asset servicing systems and underwriting criteria
- Ability in structuring transactions that unlock hidden value in the company’s balance sheet, thereby freeing up additional capital
- A track record of success in obtaining the required credit ratings to access the global capital markets, including working with rating agencies and assisting those agencies to develop the appropriate framework to evaluate new asset classes
- A track record of introducing innovative transaction structures as well as educating the market participants on new asset classes and transaction structures—for example, Islamic bonds, which resulted from consulting with prominent Islamic scholars
As independent advisors, we provide objective, unbiased advice free from any institutional agenda. We have worked on many assignments that include:
- Building infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies, as well as early-stage and emerging-growth middle market companies; facilitating introduction to strategic partners, industry experts and new hires; evaluating add-on acquisition opportunities and identifying access to new liquidity and capital sources
- Expertise in both buy and sell sides of transactions, covering all aspects of an investment cycle, including deal origination, transaction structuring, post-investment monitoring and investment realization via multiple exit strategies
- Debt and equity placement, including Shari’a-compliant, asset-based investment structures; our structured finance experience enables us to design customized investment structures that meet the goals of our clients while satisfying the risk/return requirements of our investors
- Working with governments, government agencies and regulatory bodies for the introduction of new products and investment structures, government-backed bonds as well as public-private partnerships